30 Oct '16, 8pm

Audit of DOD and USAID's $2.8 Billion Investment in Afghanistan's Road Infrastructure: By: Special Inspector...

Yesterday, SIGAR released an audit of DOD and USAID's $2.8 billion investment in Afghanistan's road infrastructure. The audit notes: -- Since 2002, USAID and DOD have spent approximately $2.8 billion to construct and repair Afghanistan’s road infrastructure, and perform capacity-building activities. -- An Afghan Ministry of Public Works’ (MOPW) official stated that 20 percent of the roads were destroyed and the remaining 80 percent continue to deteriorate. -- USAID estimated that unless maintained, it would cost about $8.3 billion to replace Afghanistan’s road infrastructure, and estimated that 54 percent of Afghanistan’s road infrastructure suffered from poor maintenance and required rehabilitation beyond simple repairs. -- SIGAR inspections of 20 road segments found that 19 segments had road damage ranging from deep surface cracks to roads and bridges destroyed by weathe...

Full article: http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/audit-of-dod-and-usaids-...

Tweets

Audit of USAID Initiative to Measure Impacts of...

smallwarsjournal.com 29 Oct '16, 11am

Audit of USAID Initiative to Measure Impacts of Stabilization Today, the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconst...

The US spent billions building roads in Afghanistan; now many of them are beyond repair.

The US spent billions building roads in Afghani...

stripes.com 30 Oct '16, 5pm

KABUL, Afghanistan — Thirteen years ago the United States called the reconstruction of the Kabul-Kandahar highway "the mos...

Have coffee, will travel! Starbucks beverages f...

news.starbucks.com 30 Oct '16, 7pm

Have coffee, will travel. Here are a few Starbucks ready-to-drink beverages that are perfect for one last road trip as the...