20 Dec '14, 4pm

We are investigating claims of mass abduction in #Borno - #Military

View Comments Tweet The military said it had yet to verify reports of alleged kidnapping of scores of villagers at Gumsuri in Borno, earlier in the week. It said that the report was being investigated. This is contained in a statement posted in the Defence Headquarters website yesterday. It, however, confirmed the attack and killing of some people during the incident. The statement said the reported abductions as claimed by unidentified sources being quoted in some foreign media had yet to be verified from any credible source in the community. It said reports, mainly from foreign sources, gave conflicting number of persons seized by the terrorists, adding that while some put the figure at 100, others gave as high as 200. ``While some claimed that it (incident) happened on Sunday, others said the raid was conducted on Wednesday. It, however, said troops were patrolling the ...

Full article: http://dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/new-news/18518-...

Tweets

Sharp line between military and society... #mil...

twitter.com 23 Dec '14, 9pm

To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content,...

Mass grave of Islamic State's victims reportedl...

longwarjournal.org 18 Dec '14, 12pm

An activist group and online sources reporting from inside Syria claim that a mass grave filled with approximately 230 cor...