31 Jul '12, 11am

News: RAF Kinloss becomes Kinloss Barracks

The Army's 39 Engineer Regiment officially took over the base, which has been home to the RAF since 1939. The day was marked with a short but poignant ceremony which saw the RAF Ensign lowered at the base for the last time, and the flag of 39 Engineer Regiment was raised as a Tornado aircraft flew overhead. The Regiment's flag was raised to the sound of a specially-composed pipe tune, called 39 Regiment's Welcome to Kinloss, which was played by the RAF Kinloss Pipes and Drums. Guests included the General Officer Commanding the Army in Scotland, Major General Nick Eeles and the Lord Lieutenant of Moray. The Commanding Officer of 39 Engineer Regiment, Lieutenant Colonel Andy Sturrock, praised the local community for the warmth of their welcome:

Full article: http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/HistoryAndH...

Tweets

News: Prince Charles visits Olympics air securi...

mod.uk 31 Jul '12, 11am

Accompanied by the Lord Lieutenant of the County, the Duchess of Northumberland, the Prince was given an explanation of th...